Simulton Community
jlagerquist

Where are the process blocks?

I just installed Simulton ( windows 10 ).  In the install I selected all of the plugins but the Process plugin does not show up on the ribbon.  I looked at the getting started articles but they didn't really help.  What's the secret?

Thanks!

John

plugins.PNG

Hi,

Please excuse the inconvenience. This is the first time we're rolling this out to the public so unfortunately a few teething problems are to be expected.

Can you please go to your installation folder and check whether you have a file named `libprocessplugin.dll` in there?

Hmm.... I think this is a binary compatibility issue.

A new update will be released today / tomorrow that will address this issue - I'll let you know where when it's out.

We've decided that we want the new block library feature to be part of the next update. This will allow proper management of libraries. Libraries would be collections of custom blocks (blocks that are made by combining other blocks).

I've uploaded a ZIP archive for you which contains the latest binaries for Windows 64-Bit. Please feel free to give that a try and let us know how that went.
You should be able to just unzip the archive and run the simulton.exe.

Simulton.zip

Oddy enough, I get the same result.  Also if I select either Tasks or Output from the Tasks menu the application crashes quietly.

simulton2.PNG.e4f5cdcc7900f22e35d6d7440766ab93.PNG

Interesting... I tested this archive (and also the binaries provided by the installer) on four different machines, two of which are fresh Windows 10 installations.

I assume that you have the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables installed? 2015, 2017 and 2019 should work.

Do you happen to have other development environments installed (susch as a Qt installation) that would interfere with the binaries provided in the distribution?
If you're into that sort of thing maybe dependency walker would provide some useful information.

I'd really appreciate if you can help us to track this problem down. So far we have this software running on about a dozen different machines - can't be much!

I am a developer ( more of an embedded guy ).  I am the person (RallyTronics) that's been trying to get your demo on GitHub up and going in VS2019.  I just got the demo running last night 🙂    As such I do have Qt installed.  I will play around a bit and see if i can figure anything out.