Simulton Community
Sign in to follow this  
misch_elle

CSV Block returns "<invalid>"-Value

Hi everyone... :)

I am currently checking out this tool. I have a webshop where I have to keep an eye on competitors prices (mainly sold on amazon). I do have a plugin for my web shop. This worked great for a couple of years but since I have to monitor those prices more frequently, this solution gets very slow/annoying. So Ia am looking for a tool to process large data sets (>10'000 Entries per Day).

My first try was to use a sample file with a couple of prices and then import it, and calculate the average price of every product. Then compare this price to the last available and if this price-change is more than 10% somehow mark it or notify me. 

This is where I am currently stuck...I get the data loaded into the program (with the row-by-row block) but I can't figure out the other CSV Block (Full). 

Thanks a lot :)

M

image.png

Hello misch_elle

Is there any way you can provide/upload a sample of the csv you tried to read?

Based on the little data visible in the history viewer it seems that your values are delimited by a semicolon, not a comma. Therefore, it's not a CSV file.

The CSV blocks are currently hardcoded to only operate on the comma delimiter. We'll consider providing the ability to specify an alternative delimiter in the next few days.

Did you write this test/sample file yourself? If it is exported from somewhere then check whether the export options allow to change the delimited to a comma.

• Thanks 1

Ahh, I see. Okay - well yes it is a semicolon - and to make things even worse the decimal-symbol is not a point (.) its a comma (,)

Currently I don't know - but I will check that an let you know as soon as I know.

price.csv