Simulton Community
lucblender

Better plots scrolling/scaling

Plots are awesome! But you know what could make them more awesome? More scrolling and scalling options! I'm mostling thinking about:

• scalling (zooming) only in x or y axis
  • having the possibility to scroll only in x or y axis
  • maybe a scroll bar for the y axis that restrain the plot to start and end of simulation

Thank you for your feedback - it's greatly appreciated.

As a user, how would you expect this to work? As in: How would you implement this from a user interface / user experience point of view?

13 hours ago, lucblender said:

scalling (zooming) only in x or y axis

This should already be implemented. Just put your mouse cursor on one of the axis and then use the mouse wheel.

having the possibility to scroll only in x or y axis

This should also already be implemented. Just put your mouse cursor on one of the axis, click and drag it.

maybe a scroll bar for the y axis that restrain the plot to start and end of simulation

Can you elaborate a bit more on this? I am not sure whether I understand what behavior you're looking for.

I wasn't aware it was already implemented, that's nice, but for now not really user friendly. When navigating in 2d or 3d view, users are used to use the mousewheel and most of the time for different type of zoom of scroll, combining the mousewheel with alt, shift or ctrl button. Could be a good addition do add the x/y scrolling and x/y zooming with a combination of those key and the mousewheel.

For the scroll bar, I think mostly of a horizontal scroll bar under the plot. Maybe it will be a bit redundant since I know that we can just click and drag on axis.